Do you want to work in Quebec? (Click here)
- You must have at least one year of work experience (30 hours/week or an equal amount in part-time), paid, at the same job, within the last ten years
- The job must be listed under one of these three categories of the 2011 National Occupational Classification: skill type 0, or skill levels A or B.
- Skill Type 0 (zero) – management jobs: restaurant managers, mine managers, shore captains (fishing)
- Skill Level A — professional jobs: a university degree is usually needed: doctors, dentists, architects
- Skill Level B — technical jobs and skilled trades. A college diploma or a training is usually needed: chefs, electricians, plumbers
Demonstrate an intermediate-advanced knowledge of French or English.
Hold a certificate or diploma
Your admissibility will then be based on a six factors point grid:
- your skills in English and/or French,
- your education,
- your work experience,
- your age,
- a valid job offer, and
- your adaptability
Your score must be equal to or above 67 (out of 100) in be able to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker.
Note: As of January 1st 2015, under the new Express Entry system there are no occupation lists or caps.