Les Experts en Immigration

Canada is an excellent choice for foreign students. With many renowned schools, colleges and universities, Canada has a superior education system.

To be eligible:

  • You must have been accepted by a designated learning institution in Canada.
  • You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your: tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and your return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
  • You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security
  • You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary
  • You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay

If you wish to study in Quebec, you must apply for and obtain a Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ) before applying for a study permit.

If you wish to extend your stay as a student in Canada, you must apply to change or extend your stay in Canada at least 30 days before the expiration of your study permit. However, It is not possible to extend your study permit beyond the expiration date of your passport.

Minors that accompany their parents in Canada will also need to obtain a study permit to attend school during their stay in Canada.

It should be noted that a foreign student will be able to work under certain conditions during his studies and that a study permit may also be granted to the members of his family.

In some cases, one may be exempt from obtaining a study permit.

For example, if you:

  • Want to take a short course or program in Canada (6 months or less);
  • Are a family member of the private staff of accredited foreign representatives
  • A family member of the armed forces of a country designated for the purposes of the Visiting Forces Act

The Immigration Experts will be there to assist you through it all and answer all of your questions and concerns.