Are you wondering if you meet the requirements to become a Canadian citizen?
Here is what you need to know:
- you must be 18 years or older to apply
- you must have a valid permanent resident status in Canada
- you must have been physically present in Canada as a permanent resident for at least 1,460 days during the six years immediately before the date of your application. you must also be physically present for at least 183 days during each of four calendar years within the six years immediately before the date of application
- you must have completed your tax filing requirements for four of the six taxation years prior to your application
- you must have the intention to reside in Canada
- you must demonstrate that you have sufficient knowledge of English or French
- you must demonstrate that you not only understand the rights, the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship, but also you must show that you understand Canada’s history and related values
- you shouldn’t have a criminal record in Canada or abroad (this can affect your chances of eligibility)
Would you like to prepare for the citizenship interview?
We invite you to consult the following link: